In order to use all the best linen characteristics, to enjoy the longevity and quality of products, it is necessary to know the main details and tricks how to take care of linen items.
- Linen can be washed by hands, in the washing machine or dry cleaning could be applied.
- Linen is washable up to 40°C.
- Bleaching agents are suitable for white linen, but colored linen should be washed with soft washing agents or soft soap.
- Bleaching agents which have chlorine are not recommended because they can destroy the fabric structure.
- Never wash together white and dark fabrics.
- If you wash products in the washing machine, do not overload it and let the linen items to move easily. In other case it can become striped.
- Both, after washing by hands or in the washing machine, the products must be rinsed carefully.
- The drying could be done in the machine and in a natural way.
- Linen will be crumpled after washing, so it should be properly hanged.
- As linen is drying very well, it is very important not to let it dry too much because it will be hard to iron it.
- The best way to iron linen products is when they are still a little bit damp: first of all it will be easier to iron and no additional dampness will be needed.
- It is recommended to iron the wrong side of fabric – you will protect linen from smoothness, shining and color fading.
- Use the hot iron (3 dots) to 200°C max with steam to iron the creases.
- Leave linen items a little bit damp after ironing and hang them in a cool, dry and well ventilated room. Let the items to dry completely.